Third party re-use of Contributions published in Urbanities
Apart from fair dealing for the purpose of teaching, research or private study, or criticism and review, Contributions published in Urbanities may only be reproduced in any form and by any means, with the prior permission in writing of Urbanities. To ask permission, and for a quote, for reproduction outside those terms, please contact Giuliana Prato at: email@example.com.
All requests by third parties to re-use the Contribution in whole or in part (including the use of substantial parts of the Contribution in another publication) shall be subject to the Author’s approval.
Requesting Permission for Images, Tables or Figures
Before requesting permission for an image, table or figure, please check the journal to be sure that the material you wish to reproduce is not credited to another source. Urbanities can grant permission only for material for which it holds or manages copyright. To re-use any material copyrighted to another source, please contact the copyright holder identified under the image/table/figure or in a credited section of the publication.
Authors distributing, posting or re-using their own work
Under the Terms and Conditions of the Publication Agreement and Assignment of “First Publisher” Rights, Authors retain the right to re-use their Contribution, without seeking permission, in the following ways:
- At any time, prior to publication, privately share print or electronic copies of the draft Contribution, as submitted to Urbanities (i.e., the version before peer-review), with colleagues; post an abstract from, or the version of the draft Contribution on the Author’s personal web site or on the web site of the Author’s employer;
- Distributing after publication – After publication, distribute on a not-to-profit basis copies of the published Contribution for personal teaching needs or to supply on an individual basis to research colleagues. In all cases, Authors are required to provide the full bibliographic citation of the publication in Urbanities; that is: author/s, article title, Urbanities-Journal of Urban Ethnography, volume, issue/or supplement no., page numbers, and the link to the definitive published version on Urbanities’ platform/URL. • Distribution of Special Issues and Supplements are subject to the same terms as individual published contributions;
- Posting after publication – After publication, post the final version of the Contribution on the Author’s personal web site, on the web site of the Author’s employer or on a non-commercial* university repositories and scientific databases (e.g. ResearchGate, Academia.edu, etc.), giving the bibliographic citation (author/s, title of publication) and appropriate credit to the First Publisher with a link to Urbanities’ URL [see (i) below]. • Posting Special Issues and Supplements are subject to the same terms as individual contributions [see (i) below];
- Re-use – At least 12 months after publication, use all or part of the Contribution in personal compilations, other publications of the Author’s work, or a new publication of which the Author is the editor or co-editor. Authors are required to notify Urbanities in advance and give appropriate credit to the First Publisher, including a link to Urbanities’ URL [see (i) below];
The licenses granted in the paragraph above, as specified in (a) (b), (c) and (d),
are expressly made subject to the following terms:
(i) Each instance of use (including posting) of the Contribution, or any part of it, must carry appropriate credit to the First Publisher and a link to Urbanities URL using the following acknowledgment: “The final, definitive version of this article has been published in Urbanities, Volume, Issue/or Suppl. No, Month Year, and is available at https://www.anthrojournal-urbanities.com/“.
• If changes are made, the following formula should be used: “This is an abridged/adapted version of the article [Title], originally published in Urbanities, Volume, Issue/or Suppl. No, Month Year, and is available at https://www.anthrojournal-urbanities.com/“.
• Special Issues and Supplements are subject to the same terms as individual Contributions and the appropriate credit should include the following acknowledgment : “The final, definitive version of this Special Issue/Supplement [Title] has been published in Urbanities, Volume/Issue or Suppl. No, Month Year, and is available at https://www.anthrojournal-urbanities.com/“
(ii) Copies of the Contribution, of Special issues and Supplements, or any part of them, shall not be sold, distributed, or reproduced for commercial purposes (that is, for monetary gain on Contributor’s own account or on that of a third party, or for indirect financial gain by a commercial entity);
(iii) The Contribution, Special Issues and Supplements, or any part of them, shall not be used for any systematic external distribution by a third party.
*All commercial requests should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any use of your work not stated above, please send your enquiries to: email@example.com